Based in New York
10 July, 2011
8-Bit Commando is a run and gun platformer with fast-paced action, a rocking soundtrack (from the chiptune artist Ozzed), local multiplayer and explosions. The graphics will take you back to the classic age of gaming and the gameplay is bound to challenge even the most seasoned vets.
Demo versions of 8-Bit Commando have been around since 2010. It wasn't until 2014 that the game made it onto Steam (after remaining on Greenlight for two years). In March of 2016, 8-Bit Commando was completely redesigned in the "Revamped" update.
- 6 levels of intense action
- Local coop multiplayer
- Beautiful retro graphics
- Online hiscore
- Rocking chiptunes soundtrack
Logo & Icon
- "Excellent animation and serious attention to detail really bring it life"
- Meteo Xavier, Game Cola
- "Despite the old-timey game design, there are still some more modern trappings present here"
- Pojut, Livingwithanerd
- "All the levels are distinctively individual and look fantastic"
- Steve Blanch, Bytten
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Official patch notes from steamcommunity.com.
2DEngine is a small team made up by two brothers, developing independent games since 2007.
More information on 2DEngine, our logo & relevant media are available here.
8-Bit Commando Credits
Art and design